Tuesday 12 March 2019

The Comedy of Errors: Yami Bolo - Glock War, Gun War (9 May 1992)



Buy this on Discogs

We’re in the Caribbean so gunfire cannot be far behind, and indeed it peppers this track throughout.  However, with Yami Bolo at the mic, we can safely assume a ceasefire is being called for, which is just what happens.  The sentiments are a little by-the-numbers, but the sincerity is undeniable.
Peel admitted that he didn’t know what a Glock was, but he liked the tune regardless.  For myself, I nearly ended up watching the 1999 Arnold Schwarzenegger film, End of Days in the service of this blog because my first knowledge of Glocks came through a quote from the film: “Between your faith and my Glock nine millimetre, I’ll take the Glock.”  I wanted to see whether Arnold saved the world from Satan by shooting him.  However, I couldn’t get to see the film over the weekend, so Wiki’d it instead.  MINOR SPOILER - the gun doesn’t save the day, which is just how Bolo would like it.

In other Yami Bolo news, I’ve been able to put a new video on my favourite Bolo selection on this blog, It’s Not Surprising with the dub version thrown in too!

Video courtesy of IAmTheGorgon.
End of Days written by Andrew W. Marlowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment