Friday 22 September 2023

Equus: Boomshanka - Do You Have The Power? [That Side Mix] (30 January 1993)



One of the problems I have with playing exclusively British dance music is that I’ll usually get Pete Tong’s producer on the phone saying, “Oh, Pete played that back in October.” So, I’d just like to say that I first played this back in 1948. (John Peel before playing Do You Have the Power? on 30/1/93.) 

As for Boomshanka themselves, I suspect that they may have been wearing out their VHS copies of The Young Ones when it came to coming up with their name. After busting your moves to this prime slice of nightclub techno, I hope that every heterosexual man looking in on this post will have enough energy to make the seed of their loin fruitful in the belly of their woman.

Video courtesy of TheMadFerret.
For comparison, here’s the slightly longer This Side Mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment