Tuesday 13 November 2018

The Comedy of Errors: Equitek - Stylus Flight (2 May 1992)



Buy this at Discogs

This industrial warehouse banger, a one-off collaboration between Bernie Von Braun and Marcos Salon took a circuitous route to get here.  Peel played it on 2/5/92 but I wasn’t initially persuaded by it until I heard it again on his 16/5/92 show, at which point it made the tape.  Strictly speaking, I should have waited several months until I start blogging about the selections made for that show, but I didn’t want to keep you in suspense, my lovelies, so I’ve brought it forward to the first time I heard it.
Beyond its musical delights, Peel was thrilled by Stylus Flight due to the progress that the stylus made when going across the vinyl, “In sort of fits and starts - won’t come across terribly well on the radio, but you try doing it with a CD.”  Coming the night after playing a record with a locked groove, the vinyl junkie in Peel was truly getting his tummy tickled in a variety of ways.

Video courtesy of thelostreef.

No comments:

Post a Comment