Saturday 11 July 2020

The Comedy of Errors appendices: Sin City Disciples - Go Work (16 May 1992)


Buy this at Discogs

I hope that Webbie won’t think me too ungrateful in that with them having posted this track to YouTube a year or so after I had been describing it as “stonkingly good” and my having also been infatuated with it after first hearing it on Peel’s 2/5/92 show, I’ve subsequently been behaving a bit Andy Pipkin towards it.  Not quite a case of “I don’t like it” but rather that I may have been a bit over effusive towards this everyday tale of “Bob” and the middle-class murder/suicide he’s driven towards by his social climbing wife.
However, it gets in as an appendix not least for the fact that the melody of the verse and the production shows what the sound of Tomorrow Never Knows might have been like had it been recorded first by a  Kansas City blues-rock band rather than The Beatles.

Video courtesy of Webbie

So you can sing along at home:


No comments:

Post a Comment