Friday 8 April 2022

A Midsummer Night's Dream: The Best of John Peel (4 October to 12 December 1992)

Every post which I put on here reflects a track that I would put on a mixtape if I had been taping John Peel programmes during the rehearsal period and production run of a show. Once we reach the end of each show, I go back through each programme to select one track from each of them which I would put on a definitive mixtape of the show to be given to cast and crew as a first or last night present.
Some of the tracks are among the best of the year, others might only have been the best played that week.  For me, the sound of A Midsummer Night's Dream October -December 1992, would be as follows:















Dedicated to the cast and crew of Castaway Theatre Company’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream staged at Falmouth Arts Centre from 9-12 December 1992.

But how many of these will turn up in the next post, where we will present the Smell of the Greasepaint and the Sound of the Peel’s Alternative Festive Fifty for 1992.

Other show mixtapes:



No comments:

Post a Comment