Tuesday 11 June 2019

The Comedy of Errors: John Peel Show - BBC Radio 1 (Saturday 16 May 1992)

I won’t keep you long with these notes because most of the interesting stuff from the 90 odd minutes of the show that I heard are to be found dotted among the various selections from it that I’ve been posting over the last few weeks.

Only one track out of those on my original lists ending up falling from favour:

Dennis Brown featuring Maxi Priest and Shabba Ranks - Fever - with that cast list, this should be a shoo-in for inclusion.  Shabba Ranks played a major part in one of my favourite selections from the Oliver! shows after all. But this track from Brown’s Blazing! album always had a question mark against it and when I went to listen to it again, a week or so back, I just wanted to curl up and hide from it within the first 15 seconds. A little too busy for me, I guess.

I am still on the lookout for the terrific Go Work! by Sin City Disciples (goodness there’s a profusion of exclamation marks among these titles tonight, isn’t there?) which remains as stonkingly brilliant as it was when Peel played it two weeks earlier.  Maybe it will turn up once I’ve completed all the selections for The Comedy of Errors and it can be blogged as an appendix.  Speaking of which....

Peel’s full tracklisting


No comments:

Post a Comment